Here It Is!

I'm going to just make it up as I go...and when I'm done, I'll describe it.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Angel Picture

This is what I made with all the angel pictures I took. Los Angeles (City of Angels) had a bunch of artists decorate life-size angels and put them on display around the city -- mostly downtown. Eventually the angels were auctioned off to benefit Volunteers of America and Catholic Big Brothers. I was totally taken by the project and took a bunch of photos. When I got the photos developed, I wondered what to do with them all! So, I cut them in 1"x1" squares and made a collage of sorts. This hangs in our hallway near the kitchen. I know Chicago did a similar thing with cows being decorated. Do you know of other such projects?

3 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Weber said...

Vicki,

This project ended last summer, but in the Twin Cities, we had statues of various Peanuts characters (Lucy, Linus, Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and I think the dog house with Snoopy and Woodstock,) displayed to commemorate either the 50th Anniversary of the comic strip, or Charles Schultz's birth or death. They have all since been auctioned off, but you still see them around town.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I do need to work on the lemon poppyseed muffins. They could be tricky!

6:35 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Great Collage Miss Vickster! I wonder where those gorgeous angels are??!!! Wish I had one!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Hi Turquoise CRO! Those angels are scattered all around LA -- people bought them. There's one in Malibu on PCH, one in the frontyard of a home overlooking Silverlake, and I've seen another on Sunset Blvd. by UCLA, and I can't think of where any others are right now. My eyes are always peeled cuz they are AMAZING!

Hi Catherine! Peanuts characters statues around the city must have been whimisical & fun! I loved watching Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving. When you get the lemon muffin recipe worked out...Can I get it?!.....Please?

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home