I'm going to just make it up as I go...and when I'm done, I'll describe it.
Crazy Quilt
I call this my "quilting masterpiece" -- it's a quilt that I made from vintage neckties. I had been collecting neckties for a while and had an idea to make a quilt...I didn't have a plan or example, so I just made it up as I went along. It took me 2 months to complete working on it nightly for several hours. I had to take my sewing machine in for repairs and broke numerous needles in the process because the neckties were so heavy duty. This is king size and weighs 40 pounds. From some of the scraps, I made two purses pictured here and here.
5 Comments:
What a neat quilt! I have this great idea of making a quilt out of my daughter's outgrown baby clothes... but I'm hesitant of the time it will take. Kudos to you for having the willpower to work on yours every night! I hope it rubs off on me. :-)
PS: Thanks for visiting my blog. Very cute about your daughter thinking the pony tail picture was of her!
I did this when I was pregnant with my first...sort of a weird nesting thing. Now I don't have the time to devote to it. I've also thought of the outgrown baby clothes quilt...but have since given up & given most of the clothes away! What an awesome keepsake it'd be.
Hello vicki, i always think i must lern using a sewing machine, everybody is saying me that it is not complicate, but to tell you the truth it scares me somehow (my brother had his finger ... "transfixed" by it!!)
I'm happy you love the image on my page,it took me a while to understand how the html thing works but i'm pretty happy with the resaluts.i put a new music player which should work both with IE and firefox, and i'm going to change the music since the one i have now is ... boring ;)it's a popular music from southern italy.
Well, as i told you i'm not attending courses.I'm just studying on my own, trying to ...guess the exact meaning of each subject ;) sometimes it is tiring,and at present i don't have much time since my mother is getting married(!!) in april so she needs my help for all the (with or without "the"??)preparations !!I live in an upside-down world!have a nice day!
What an amazing quilt!! I can just see all of the love, sweat and tears you put in this. You must have had quite a tie collection! WOW!
Love your creative eye, I'm a stay at home, which is not the done thing, here in the UK, but I love it and enjoy being creative and not taking life for granted.
Be inspired, your blog is great!
Dawn
Post a Comment
<< Home